Hello from warm Thailand! I am on a month long holiday and plan to take some cooking lessons while here. In the meanwhile, I have pre scheduled few recipes of the nom noms I served on my birthday. I am not even sure this can be called a canapé because Wikipedia tells me that canapés are served on a bread. Whatever!
Canape or not, this is a light and perfect finger food for cocktail parties. Especially during summer. Being healthy as it is, you can knock back that extra drink without guilt. You will of course need a cucumber sliced into centimetre long rounds. Use the leftover slices of cucumber on your bleary eyes the next day ;)
INGREDIENTS FOR HUMMUS
- 1 can of chickpeas. ( Save the liquid)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
* To make Tahini from scratch- Blend 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup tepid water until smooth.
- Drain chickpeas and blend it with remaining ingredients. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Add the liquid you saved from the chickpea can to get desired consistency if hummus if too dry.
- Put hummus into a plastic cone/ bag and squeeze over cucumber slices.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds, parsley leaves or olives.