Mar 8, 2011

Salmon Roe Canapés.


This is the kind of food I considered 'posh' when I was a teenager. Now it’s more about how ridiculously easy it is. All we need to do is assemble it and yet they always disappear so fast at cocktail parties. Typically, crème fraiche is used, but I used Greek yoghurt, because of aforementioned holiday in Thailand and the fact that it will involve bikinis. I prefer Greek yogurt over crème fraiche, it adds more substance and flavour. I used a store bought, sesame topped Danish knækbrød (I don't know what it is called in English. Crisp Bread maybe? ) but any type of crisp, mildly salted cracker should work. With looks like that, this canapé is always a winner.

INGREDIENTS
  1. 100 grams jar of salmon roe or caviar if you grocery budget is bigger than mine.
  2. 100 grams of Greek yoghurt
  3. 1 packet of knækbrød or any non brown, non cheese cracker.
  4. Few stalks of fresh Dill leaves.
METHOD
  • Lay your knækbrød on a tray.
  • Using a teaspoon, lay tiny dollops of yoghurt on the crackers. You could also use a plastic cone.
  • Using the back of a spoon, gently top the yoghurt with salmon allowing some to drip over the portion of the cracker not covered with yoghurt.
  • Stick in spring of dill like the proverbial feather in the cap. 
Say hello to  my dog Picolo, he has a love affair going on with yoghurt.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment